UCT online Registration 2023-2024
About University Of Cape Town
- The University of Cape Town (UCT) is a South African public research university. It is situated in the province of Western Cape. The University of Cape Town (UCT) is the country’s oldest higher education institution, having been founded in 1829 as the South African College. It is the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest existent university in Sub-Saharan Africa, along with Stellenbosch University, which received full university status on the same day in 1918.
- Although the University of Cape Town was established by a private act of Parliament in 1918, the University of Cape Town Statute (issued in 2002 in terms of the Higher Education Act) establishes its structure and roles, designating the Chancellor as the ceremonial figurehead and vesting real leadership authority in the Vice-Chancellor, currently Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng, who is accountable to the University Council. With 57 departments organised into six faculties and the multidisciplinary Centre for Higher Education Development, the university has approximately 29,000 to 30,000 students studying liberal arts, pure sciences, and professional degrees ranging from bachelor’s degrees (NQF 7) to doctoral degree levels (NQF 10).
- The University of Cape Town (UCT) has made the application guidelines for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic year/session available online.
- UCT application process is seemingly the same and does not easily/frequently change with time.
- Candidates for UCT admissions are expected to complete applications for any course before the closing date.
- Applicants are also expected to meet the requirements before applying for admission.
- UCT online Registration 2023-2024
Registration information for the various faculties of UCT in 2023:
- Faculty of Commerce (undergraduate students)
- Faculty of Commerce (postgraduate students)
- Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment (undergraduate students)
- Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment (postgraduate students)
- Faculty of Health Sciences (undergraduate students)
- Faculty of Health Sciences (postgraduate students)
- Faculty of Humanities (undergraduate students)
- Faculty of Humanities (postgraduate students)
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science (undergraduate new students)
- Faculty of Science (undergraduate returning students)
- Faculty of Science (postgraduate students)
If you have any questions about registering, please contact the appropriate faculty.
Click here for the schools’ website
University of Cape Town Online Application
For more info on UCT click here