Lovedale TVET College Application 2023-202
ABOUT LOVEDALE TVET COLLEGE.
Lovedale TVET College today has three sites, each serving a distinct community need.
The history of each of the College’s sites is intertwined: Alice Campus in Alice, Eastern Cape, and the original Lovedale, King Campus in King William’s Town, and Zwelitsha Campus in King William’s Town.
- Applications for admission to the College are open throughout the year.
The following documents must be attached to all new applications:
- Copy of the most recent school report/statement of results/Grade 12 or N3 certificate, certified.
- Six authorized copies of the learner’s identification.
- Two official copies of the parent’s or guardian’s identification.
- Learner’s photo (ID size).
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible during the annual application period, which begins in April.
COURSES OFFERED AT LOVEDALE TVET COLLEGE.
The National N4–N6 Program (NATED) is for post-matriculated students.
The courses are designed to promote self-employment and prepare students for the practical aspects of the workplace.
National Nate Diploma Programs:
National N-Diploma: Public Management (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Financial Management (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Human Resources Management (N4 – N6) – Part-Time
- National N-Diploma: Business Management (N4 -N6)
- National N-Diploma: Management Assistant (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Art & Design (N4 – N6)
- National N-Diploma: Farming Management (N4 – N6)
The National Certificate (Vocational) is aimed at prematric students. The courses are aimed at developing students in a certain specialization that leads to a strong career pathway.
- NC (V) Programs:
- NC (V): Management (L2 – L4).
- NC (V): Office Administration (L2 – L4)
- NC (V): Finance, Economics & Accounting (L2 – L4).
- NC (V): Information Technology & Computer Science (L2 – L4).
- NC (V): Civil Engineering & Building Construction (L2 – L4).
- NC (V): Engineering & Related Design (L2 – L4)
- NC (V): Electrical Infrastructure Construction (L2 – L4)
- NC (V): Primary Agriculture (L2 – L4)
The N1 – N3 Engineering courses are aimed to address the high skills demand in the country. It is a more affordable study option for learners who want to become artisans or wish to obtain their Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
N1 – N3 Programs:
- Carpentry & Roofing (N1 – N3)
- Electrical (N1 – N3)
- Plumbing (N1 – N3)
- Masonry / Bricklaying (N1 – N3)
- Water & Sanitation (N1 – N3)
- Motor Body Repair (N1 – N3)
- Motor Mechanic (N1 – N3)
- Welding (N1 – N3)
LOVE DALE TVET COLLEGE COURSES ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The requirements for admission vary based on what you wish to study.
The following are the requirements for certificate courses, diplomas, and degrees:
Undergraduate Certificate Study
- To confirm eligibility for admission to undergraduate certificate study, applicants must consult the Admissions Office or the faculty concerned.
Undergraduate Diploma Study
The minimum requirement for admission to undergraduate diploma study is a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognized NSC 20-credit subjects.
Bachelor’s Degree Study
To be eligible for admission to degree study, applicants need to meet minimum requirements for eligibility:
- Applicants holding a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better from a designated list of subjects. The designated list is as follows:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Business Studies
- Dramatic Arts
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Consumer Studies
- Information Technology
- Languages (one language of learning and teaching at a higher education institution and 2 other recognized language subjects)
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Sciences
- Religious Studies
- Visual Arts
- Applicants holding a South African Senior Certificate need matriculation endorsement.
- Applicants holding non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate. For more information please visit the website of the Matriculation Board.
Lovedale TVET College courses 2023-2024
Lovedale TVET College Application 2023-2024